Mella Dee is the London-based producer who works tirelessly cutting bumpin', techno-centric trax to wax.
You'll also know him as one half of Mista Men, the duo who made it their mission to bring bassline, UKG and New Jersey house to clubs across the country.
Now, a move from his hometown of Doncaster to the capital city coincides with a slew of new releases that are about to drop. Mella Dee will soon be putting out tunes on underground house imprint Manucci's Mistress, Hypercolour offshoot Initials and Omena, the new label from the founder of on-point vinyl outpost Local Talk.
With all of that activity on the horizon, we thought it a good time to call in a mix from the man himself and he hasn't disappointed. Grab a neat mix of brisk, club-focused jams below. You can thank us later.
'The Feel It Out' EP lands in early April on Manucci's Mistress
Download (right click & save)
1. Lo'Shea - To Be Sure
2. Dense & Pika - Colt (Trikk Re-dub)
3. DjRum - DAM (Akkord Remix)
4. Klose One - Triggas Tale
5. Callahan - Deep Down
6. Tessela - Gateway
7. Head High - Rave (Dirt Mix)
8. Mella Dee - Drum Tool
9. Alex Falk - FZBZ
10. Mounter & Mifi - Fiercely Pretty
11. Callahan - Trade
12. Jack Dixon - Heirloom (Skudge Remix)
13. Trikk - Downer
14. Mala - Bury Da Bwoy (Mella Dee Edit)
15. Pinch & Mumdance - Whiplash
16. SCNTST - Basement Structure
[Photo: Sarah Ginn]